Philips Relief ACP Oral Care Desensitising Gel
Relief ACP is the only FDA-cleared dual-action sensitivity relief product available. Its proprietary formula combines the speed of chemical sensitivity relief from potassium nitrate with the profound, long-term relief of amorphous calcium phosphate and fluoride, which precipitates hydroxyapitite and fluorapatite, occluding the dentin tubules. This highly effective formula is ideal for patients who suffer from tooth sensitivity caused by gum recession, root exposure, post root planning, and whitening.
ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate) is a revolutionary technology that is licensed exclusively to Philips Oral Healthcare in the field of professional whitening by the ADA Foundation. Whitening with ACP means stronger teeth, greater comfort, better results and optimal compliance by your patients. Relief ACP comes with all Philips Zoom take-home kits and can be used as treatment several times daily by everyone, as it has no known allergens.
Benefits of ACP
- Rebuilds enamel: The deposition of hydroxyapatite onto teeth rebuilds enamel and restores luster through the remineralization process.
- Reduces sensitivity: Clinical tests comparing Philips Zoom NiteWhite ACP with a NiteWhite formula containing no ACP showed that 30% of patients who used NiteWhite with ACP experienced less sensitivity, with twice as many patients experiencing zero sensitivity.
- Improves appearance: Tooth whiteners with ACP also improve the cosmetic appearance of teeth by restoring enamel luster to create a smoother, glossier appearance.
- Floss and brush your teeth
- In counterclockwise motion, remove plastic cap from end of syringe. Replace with mixing nozzle on to end of syringe and secure.
- Tray Method (For Best Results): Place small amount of gel into each tooth compartment of tray where sensitivity is felt. Use approximately one dose (1/4 syringe) per tray application. You may need less depending on the size of your teeth. Insert trays over upper and/or lower teeth. Remove excess gel with cotton swab or dry toothbrush. Normal wear time is 30 minutes. Remove trays and rinse trays with cold water. Rinse or brush excess gel from teeth.
- Brush-on Method: Apply a thick ribbon of gel to extra-soft toothbrush. Brush gel on to teeth, sweeping from gum line where most tooth sensitivity occurs. Do not rinse mouth or spit for approximately 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, spit any excess gel.
- Remove mixing nozzle and replace tip cap to avoid product leakage.
- For best results, do not drink or eat for 30 minutes after application.
- Use Relief ACP twice a day until symptoms are relieved or as directed by your dental professional.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 5% Potassium Nitrate, 0.22% Sodium Fluoride
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water, Poloxamer 338, Natural Peppermint, Calcium Nitrate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Saccharin
WARNING: Sensitive teeth may indicate a serious problem that may need prompt care by a dentist. Do not use this product longer than 4 weeks unless recommended by a dentist.